Monday, October 10, 2011

Quick update

I have been so busy running around with the kids and Ernie coming in and out of town, and barely being able to handle my own life- that I have missed a blog or two. For shame. Seriously. I’m not feeling guilty- I’m feeling regretful. Little Ernie put himself to bed the other night with my blog book from 2010 as his book to read for the evening. He told me that he loves to read the long entries and honestly, I think he likes to see our family life reflected through my eyes. So for the 5 people out there who even read these posts, I’m going to try to do a little better. I want Ernie and the other kids to have more than a little to read as they grow up.

So, to begin. I have joined a gym and the exercise is helping my mental health tremendously. On the down side, I’ve had strep, Max had bronchitis, Nigel had the beginnings of pneumonia, and all of as have had allergy issues in the extreme. So the gym attendance has been spotty. But I’m hopeful that this week everyone will maintain good health and I’ll be able to work out to my heart’s content.

Cotton. Lots of awesome cotton. Ernie wrote a really great post on his blog about the cotton crops around here, so check it out here. Max is living in a world of more “fuzzies” than he could ever have imagined. It is beautiful and I have really enjoyed watching them harvest and bale the cotton right out in the fields.

Gratitude. I have been feeling grateful for a loving and kind partner in life. And for good kids. And paying the bills. And new appliances.

Which brings me to the new appliances! We bought the house a week ago today. (Yea!) We signed the papers in the morning and the first of the appliances went in that afternoon. The last thing will be the stove, which should arrive the end of this week. I feel so decadent, buying the appliances right when we move in- for me to use and enjoy!- instead of at the end of the homeownership, for someone else’s use and enjoyment.

And this weekend is Max’s 4th birthday. And the weekend after that is the Fall Party that we’re hosting in our backyard for Ernie’s staff and customer service group. 80 people. That’s how many people have RSVP’d so far. I may be freaking out a bit.

But mostly I’m feeling calm today. Which is why I have the wherewithal to type up this little post. And announce that I’m still hanging in here! And I think that I can tackle the party ok.

Last thing- White Chocolate Bread Pudding. I kid you not, this dessert is incredible. It literally tastes like you made bread pudding with homemade cinnamon rolls for the bread. It’s pretty much what I ate today. I’m happy to share the recipe with anyone who wants it. 

Max pumpkins

Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the photo! Congratulations on your new home and new appliances. :-D

stalker sarah said...

Yay!!! Sounds like things are going well! Hope all the illnesses go away!