Monday, December 28, 2009

The Beginning

I have decided that I want to connect with myself a little more through what I guess you could call public journaling. Really what I'm looking for is a way to highlight the great things that happen each day. I am a terrible at journaling, I haven't scrapbooked in years, but I really want to find a way to document what I hope will be a year of goal achievement. Mostly I think I'm looking for a reason to be accountable to the goals and ideas that I have spinning in my head right now. Kind of like how I only clean my house when I know someone is coming over. I need for people to "come over" and check on me! Here is some of what I want to accomplish in 2010, in no particular order, and seriously lacking in specifics at this point:

1. Create an intentional family
2. Read the Book of Mormon, start to finish, by May 20, 2010
3. Meaningful daily prayer
4. Serve in the community, not just at church
5. Daily gratitude
6. Expect that the Lord will speak to me every day
7. Remember that if the Lord can tell Nephi how to build a boat, He will tell me how to get my cabin. (more on that later...)
8. Help each of my kids to develop their own testimony
9. Continue working on the amazing relationship I have with Ernie (best husband EVER!)

So, I hope that this will help me.

3 comments:

Kitty Smith said...

I love you goals! I am excited to follow your blog. Keep at it, and just like scrapbooking, if you fall behind, just pick it up again... don't try to fill in all the gaps, just start where you are because otherwise it will get too overwhelming.

Miss ya!
Kit

amyraye said...

yay for you! you are brave for inviting people to read right from the start. when i first posted, i was pretty sure i didn't want ANYONE to read. but then after a couple weeks, i was really proud of the what i was doing and i wanted to share.
thank you for inviting me to read your thoughts. i think blogging is a great way to get to know people- including yourself. so i'm excited to get you know you better.
don't give up on yourself; and don't let blogging become a "chore". good luck.
i love your goals, too. and i can't say enough about great husbands. :)

Anonymous said...

Please expound on #7 Building the Cabin. I love reading your blog. You write beautifully and it's so good to see your awesome family. I admit that when I read your post about good friends in the different places you've lived I'm glad I knew you and Ernie both before your family began. I think all your other friends should be jealous of me. :)