Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quality Time

Ernie was supposed to go to work today. He got up at 6am (after hitting snooze for 30 minutes), got in the shower, got dressed, came and woke me up to say prayers and then left for work... or so I thought. An hour and a half later, at 7:48am to be exact, I woke up in a panic because I heard Max on the stairs, out of his room and I jumped out of bed. When I got to the living room I saw Ernie on the couch, in charge of the situation and he announced that he'd never made it out the door and that he decided to stay home. Best suprise ever! My love language is quality time and I really can never get enough time with Ernie.

So, that got me thinking about my kids and their love languages. Little Ernie's is Words of Affirmation, I think. Nigel's is for sure Quality Time (Nigel: Can I be with you in the kitchen while you cook, Mom?) Emmaline is definitely Words of Affirmation (Emmaline: Mom, you are the most beautiful mom in the whole world and I love you more than you love me!) Max, well it's a little too soon to tell, but at the moment it's certainly Physical Affection.

I hope I can always express my love for my kids in ways that speak to them. I can't think of anything more tragic than my kids to grow up feeling unloved and unvalued.

2 comments:

Ernie said...

My darling, I think this is a great idea! Keep the blogs coming! I think it is probably better than my approach, which is to write in my journal anytime I get bored in Church!

Karen said...

Ernie, you're a crack up! I needed a laugh today and you brought it with a smile. Rebecca, I am so thrilled to hear from you. I'll be reading in coming days and months...

Thanks always for being the woman that you are. I'm sure that Emma has it right - you ARE the most amazing beautiful woman! love, Karen in Peru!