Friday, March 18, 2011

So, so cool

Want to know what’s cool?

Having enough money in the bank to pay all the bills and still have some left over.(Ah cash, it’s been awhile).

Max’s love of Kesha songs. And that he sings along with the radio. And that every time Max hears a song with a catchy beat he shouts out: “Mom- it’s our song!!”

Celebrating my 12th anniversary eve and having my mother-in-law comment that “somehow Ernie and I missed the whole 7-year itch thing.” My response to that was that Ernie and I are way too co-dependent to entertain such nonsense as getting tired of each other.

Having all the kids home this week for Spring Break. Also knowing that on Monday 3 out of the 4 kids will be back at school (thank goodness!).

Little Ernie sweeping the stairs and the kitchen floor today.

Emmaline making Buttermilk Biscuits from scratch with me last night.

Nigel telling me that he can feel that his teeth are getting better- thanks to his orthodontic treatments.

Expedia calling me to tell me that our flight home from our June family vacation in California had been cancelled and them booking us on a flight out the next day. Which is what I wanted all along- but it was a lot more money- so I opted to cut the vacation a day short and get the much cheaper flight. Now I get the same price AND the extra day.

Telling the kids that all I wanted for my anniversary was a completely clean house- upstairs and downstairs at the same time- and them actually trying to make that happen for me.

My Ernie’s brilliantly naming no TV, no video games, no handheld video games- as a “blackout”. Now I just announce “blackout” and the kids don’t fight me and they head outside to play.

Committing with my sisters (mine and Ernie’s) to run a half marathon in Disneyworld in February 2012. I’ve already started my couch to 5k program and I’ll add the miles from there!

Deciding that I had “diet fatigue” and opting not to track or count or obsess for awhile about the food going into my mouth. I exercise because it feels good and I eat what sounds good to me. So far I haven’t gained a pound. (Nor have I lost a pound- but I’m holding steady and I’m eating. Double bonus.)

It’s springtime in Hattiesburg and I’ve been in shorts for 3 days now.

Celebrating 12 wonderful years with Ernie.

Liking myself at 34- almost 35- so much more than I did at 24 and 25.

Good friends, nice weather, a fire pit, and marshmallows.

4 comments:

Andi B said...

love :)

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! :-D

Liney said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys!

Larry said...

Congratulations to you both! Glad you'll have an extra day in California.