Sunday, March 20, 2011

Things My Kids Like

Tonight- only because the time completely got away from me- I told the kids that they could have ramen for dinner. I had a really delicious dinner planned that happily will taste just as good tomorrow night. (Yea for having dinner already taken care of for tomorrow!)

Well, when I told them they could have ramen for dinner you would have thought that I’d told them I’d ordered pizza for dinner or that I’d decided that ice cream cake was going to be the main dish.

They really, really love ramen. Nigel will often ask for ramen in the middle of summer here in Hattiesburg, which- in my opinion- is the equivalent of getting into a sauna at the gym and thinking to yourself, “You know what would be perfect right now? A delicious cup of hot, steamy soup”.

So tonight I was Super Mom because I fed my kids a cheap, nutritionally questionable, ready-in-3-minutes dinner. Here’s to an easy dinner!

4 comments:

Sweet Cherie said...

Ramen is known as "worm soup" in our family and was always a favorite as a kid.

stalker sarah said...

Yum!!! I may or may not have lived on them in college, like most poor kids do! But I sure do still love them NOW!!! And so does Blake! And tell Nigel we eat them in the summer, too! :) But I love your analogy! :)

Betina said...

A++. On the dinner... and the bill paying. Happy anniversary too!

Andi B said...

I only eat it with loads of Ut. My Anna thinks it is the food of the gods. I never buy it so its always a holidy when we eat it lol