Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bullet Points

Here’s a summary of our currently crazy (in a totally good way) lives:

  • Weight Watchers for Ernie (he’s down 15 pounds so far)
  • Weight Watchers for Rebecca (I’m down 6 pounds so far)
  • Spin class for Rebecca- this is my new favorite thing about the gym!
  • Potty Training for Max, which is only going so-so, since I really haven’t made the commitment to spend a solid week at home yet. (Why is potty training so inconvenient?)
  • Soccer for the kids- starting next week, but I am busy calling lots of lots of parents- so for me it’s already started.
  • School bus for Ernie, Nigel, and Emmaline. This is early. Every day at 6:40am.
  • Homework… or as my friend Cyndy calls it: Momwork.
  • School uniforms! This one has highly simplified the morning process, way more than I expected it to. (I actually didn’t think it’d make a difference, but I was wrong.)
  • Mosquitoes. They are bad again.
  • Lots of thunderstorms, which is probably why the mosquitoes are currently sucking so much of our blood.
  • Percy, our pure bred cat is missing, and is believed to be stolen. Little Ernie is seriously distraught.
  • Bogart, our awesome border collie, seems a little depressed without Percy, and we are trying to remedy this by inviting him to ride in the car with us a lot. He really likes that and it seems to be helping his mood.
  • Cooler weather is starting to show up here and there (by cooler, I mean 88 degrees, which feels fantastic after days of 98 to 108 degrees) and I’m getting anxious for fall. And decorating with pumpkins… lots of pumpkins.
  • Shade Clothing is going out of business. This is making me mildly distraught.
  • Nigel told me that we have a really cool Smith Team and he thinks that we are all really special. My master plan is working :)

4 comments:

Larry said...

Whew! I got worn out just reading your list--think I'll go take a nap to recover. :-)

Sarah said...

Whoa! Your kids have to be on the bus at 6:40am? My kids aren't even up by then. What time do they go to bed?

We're about to start potty training too. Probably not until school starts when it will just be me and Carmen during the day.

Good job with the weight loss! That's awesome.

stalker sarah said...

I'm so sad about Percy! And everything else sounds a little crazy. 6:40 AM is not fun with the little kids! Blake's school doesn't start until 9....which I LOVE!!! I will miss that when we move to Kentucky next year! Anywho, congrats on the weight loss. I'm on a diet, too! It's no fun! When I get to my goal weight, I'm rewarding myself (and gaining 5 pounds back) with your 7 layer bean dip. Of course it isn't as good when I make it but it'll have to do! :) Miss you!

Trina Barry said...

Wow, I've been meaning to try weight watchers, you guys are doing great with the weight loss! So sorry to hear about your cat-- what a bummer, and I know what you mean about the homework! We're, I mean, I'm swamped. ;)