Monday, January 31, 2011

The Gift of Time

What did I do this weekend? I’m glad you asked.

I spent a lovely, wonderful 3 days with two of my favorite people in the whole world: Kitty and Libby.

And I got to spend 3 days playing with my delightful nephew Braswell and hold my tiny new nephew Patrick.

I want to thank Libby right now for providing all of us with two such delightful children and for giving me and Kitty a reason to come and help with all the new baby chaos. It’s so nice to be needed.

A weekend spent cooking and cleaning (or watching Kitty clean) and holding babies and talking and talking and eating way too much is very good for the soul. I loved my night with the baby. It was sweet and tender to have him sleep with me. I loved talking to Braswell and feeling lucky to be his aunt. I loved being with two of my best friends. My only regret is that we don’t all live next door to each other.

Rebecca And PatKitty and Pat

BrazPatrivk

4 comments:

Betina said...

This is how we cope with being 'done'... by mothering the babies of others (just for a bit). Sounds lovely,.... all that snuggling and eating and chatting. Just lovely.

stalker sarah said...

Awwww.....he is super cute! Glad you had a great time! :)

Libby said...

I miss you already! Thank you so much for coming!!

Larry said...

You're the kind of aunt every kid should have!