Sunday, January 9, 2011

This is NOT a Girl Shirt

Emmaline was gifted a fantastic set of hand-me-down clothes from our dear friends the Hartfields. Emmaline and Carson H. have similar tastes in clothes and Emmaline was basically ecstatic as we pulled each item out of the bags. Max was there for the unveiling of the new clothes and he was only mildly interested the festivities until he saw this:

max sad

Max begged and pleaded and sobbed until I put the adorable navy and white striped cardigan on him. The picture above shows his face as I tried to explain to him that he was wearing a Girl Shirt and he couldn’t keep it.

Nigel and Ernie noticed him and started to giggle, which made me and Emmaline giggle- and Max just got madder. He didn’t get happy until I told him I’d take his picture in it- which is a guarantee to make Max happy because he loves having his picture taken. After the photo shoot I peeled it off of him while he cried and Emmaline (who was as excited as Max about the cardigan) got to wear it for the rest of the day. (Emmaline and Max decided on their own to pose with the toddler motorcycle.)

max 3max 2max posingmaxmax and emmaline2emmalinemax and emmaline

4 comments:

Doreen said...

That cardigan is darling - especially on Emmaline! You just need to find a blue and white striped Boy Shirt!

Larry said...

Horizontal stripes and he can pretend he's a jail bird! :-)

stalker sarah said...

Oh my gosh....that is CUTE!!! I love those photos! Poor little Max! If I ever see a BOY cardigan like that, I'm buying it for him! :)

Arla said...

I love all the poses! Adorable Adorable!