Monday, September 20, 2010

Ernie’s Excellent Letter Writing Skills

About three weeks ago we were following a concrete truck down the road and it was dropping large rocks off the back. Naturally, one of the rocks hit our windshield and left a nasty crack. We flagged the truck down, got the driver's information, and then subsequently sent a letter to the concrete company requesting that they pay for our new windshield. According to our insurance agent friend, the concrete truck was at fault and if we sent them a letter, they would pay for the damages. I think I mentioned before- it's been 3 weeks now. Here's the email that Ernie sent today.

Ms. Colavita-

I have been referred to you by Liz Asmar (or rather someone at her office at Stewart, Sneed and Hewes Insurance Company), who was in turn referred to me by Donna Mitchell at Jones Companies, who in turn was referred to me by James Stringer at Jones Concrete in Columbia, Mississippi.  I sure hope that you can help me, because as you can see I have been passed around more than a fussy baby at a family reunion.

We sent the attached letter out a couple of weeks ago, and it recently came back to us undelivered.  Please read it and let me know what we need to do to file a claim and get reimbursed for the damage done to our vehicle.

Thank you in advance,

Ernie Smith

We got a response back from her today saying that an adjuster will be out in the next 24-48 hours. Good Work, Honey!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Haha!!! Love the fussy baby line.