Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend Plans

Two weekends ago I had a really, really good idea. I only announce that I had such a good idea because Ernie is always the “fun and spontaneous” one in our marriage (and I- in comparison- am not) and I was really proud of myself for thinking this one up. As I drove Ernie to work on Friday morning I was pondering how, when I picked him up that evening, we’d be 1/3 of the way to the beach already, and why not just pick him up and keep on going all the way to the beach and have a picnic dinner! So that’s exactly what we did. When the kids walked in the door from school on Friday afternoon I told them to go straight upstairs and get their swimsuits on. I’m sure you can imagine the shrieks of delight.

The beach was beautiful that Friday night. The water was warm and there was a lovely breeze. The kids adored sitting on a blanket on the sand and eating dinner (roast chicken, tomato basil salad, fruit salad, french bread) on paper plates and drinking water bottles flavored with a variety of individual flavor packets. The kids officially crowned me the “Best Mom Ever”.

After the kids wore themselves out and the sun had gone down, we packed up and drove over to Cupcakes- a gourmet bakery in Gulf Port- where the kids were introduced the deliciousness of filled cupcakes with crazy amounts of frosting on top.

The evening was a complete success!

What are we going to do this weekend, you ask?

Easy. Tomorrow we’ll be spending the whole day canoeing and swimming in a river (Ernie’s idea this time). I can’t wait to tell the kids!

1 comment:

Liney said...

awww so jealous!! What a fun Friday night :)