Thursday, September 16, 2010

Implanted Memories

On the way to soccer practice I asked Ernie if he’d finished his homework.

“Um, yeah… I think so.”

“Ernie, you either did your homework or you didn’t. Did you finish your homework?”

“Um… yes…I did it all on the bus...”

“Hmm. I’m not sure that you’re telling me the truth, so I want you to show me your homework as soon as we get back to the house.”

When we pulled into the driveway after soccer practice, I’d actually forgotten this exchange in the car. Then Ernie turned to me and asked,

“Mom, is there such a thing as Memory Implantation where you can have a false memory planted in your brain?”

I said that yes, false memories happen all the time.

“So that’s what happened!! Mom, when I told you that I did my homework on the bus… I just realized that I was having an implanted memory! (So, I still have to do all my homework.)”

Well- he may not have been truthful, but I have to give him points for creativity!

1 comment:

Kitty Smith said...

Awesome.... Love it! Very creative.