Monday, October 11, 2010

Updates

Ernie and I got home from our delightful trip to Orange Beach,and within 15 minutes of being home- we looked at each other and realized we should have stayed gone longer. That being said, I still have felt very refreshed.

This past week was a busy one. I am enjoying the kids tremendously and Ernie and I are still feeling very schmoopy towards each other- always a plus!

A few pieces of Smith life:

  • I finally decorated for fall and more immediately- for Halloween. Decorating for Halloween is one of my least favorite things to do, but the kids love it and I actually like the decor I came up with this year. The kids are getting older and they’re starting to push my “no gross-out, or evil, or creepy stuff” rule, but I will not budge on that one. We managed to do just fine without cleavers and blood (ewww).
  • Ernie jaunted off last week to Wisconsin for 3 days. I missed him very much. I also really enjoyed cold cereal for dinner with the kids.
  • The weather was pleasantly cool here for about a week. It was delightful. Then- just when I thought we were home free, it shot back up to the mid-90s again.
  • Max is loving his preschool. That is $80 a month well spent.
  • I found the most amazing product to clean the grout in my tile countertops and floors- called La’s Totally Awesome. I would HIGHLY recommend it. I also used it to remove an ink stain from the carpet, which did not come out with regular carpet cleaner. It totally got the ink out! As an added bonus, it comes in a concentrate, so you can stretch it so much further than one bottle. Best of all: I buy it at the Dollar Store! Seriously! 
  • Worst news ever: I killed my neighbor’s dog on accident. (As if I would ever kill a pet on purpose.) It was awful and traumatic and Ernie has been saying for a year now that it was going to happen because Zoe- precious thing that she was- never learned to be afraid of cars. On Friday night, in her excitement to play with my kids, she chased my van down our driveway while I was pulling in and she got too close to the rear passenger tire. It was terrible. She was a Shiapoo and our sweet little Zoe never went anywhere without a bow in her hair.

So, odds and ends are up to date. I’ve been thinking a lot this past week about how more than anything, I’m just glad to have the kids and the husband that I have. We make a good Smith Team.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Happy about your get-away and sad about the dog. Kind of typifies life, doesn't it? Ups and downs but at the heart of everything a loving family that, God willing, will endure through the eternities.

amyraye said...

even I'm sad about the dog. no wonder you said you'd adopt Little Girl if you lived closer. so sorry. :(

husbands and kids make life worth it.

Liney said...

omg.. the dog?! that is horrible. No more zoe randomly ending up in your house.

Sarah said...

Oh, how horrible! :( So sorry to hear that.