Thursday, November 18, 2010

True Love

Nigel’s found his True Love.

He told me in the car on the way to the dentist.

Her name is Paige. She has long brown hair and she gave him a present at school today (a pencil).

He gave her a present in return (a pencil).

He wants to bring her a really nice present to school tomorrow, but mostly he wants to know when it’s okay to say “I Love You”. Because according to Nigel, it would be “really bad” if he told her he loved her and then she broke up with him. He thinks that would be weird.

smith11_small I was remarkably calm through the entire conversation and I resisted the extreme urge to start giggling. I did, however, calmly stress to him that there really is no need whatsoever for 2nd graders to be saying “I love you”.

3 comments:

Larry said...

"I like you" or "It's fun to hang around with you" are really good substitutes.

Liney said...

this is awesome!!! i love that he is girl crazy... just wait till this kid gets to highschool.

Kitty Smith said...

Little Boys and their soft sweet emotions. I love it. Give him a kiss from Aunt Kitty and tell him that I LOVE HIM!