Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It finally happened.

I’ve been waiting a long time for the day when one of my children was going to walk in the door from school and announce that they had a big project due- the next day. It happened this week. I actually got more than a day’s notice about the Reading Fair Project that was due- I got two day’s notice.

Tonight I quested for a tri-fold board. I went through two glue sticks. I helped Ernie type up and edit what he wanted to say. I sent him to bed and then I glued and cut and glued some more. And the whole time I kept thinking, “This kid better get into medical school”.

Ernie was sweet, and he apologized and told me how good it makes him feel when I help him. And I was humbled and I looked at him and remembered what he was like as an infant. Now he’s all grown up and forgetting big projects that are due at school. It’s the circle of life, people.

And just in case you’re wondering, he did his project on Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth. A very funny book, according to Ernie.

smith23_small

2 comments:

stalker sarah said...

Ha ha ha! I love that book! But sorry you got stuck with the work! :) Kids! But you're right, they grow so fast and who knows, he just might end up in medical school yet! :):):)

Betina said...

I love the shot of him on the car. What a big boy. It's fun to get to know the kids as they grow into real people, eh?