Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful…

  • For my dishwasher, my washer and dryer, my refrigerator, and my vaccuum. They are, without a doubt, the unsung heroes at my house!
  • For a car that runs.
  • For my wonderful husband who changed the brake pads in under 15 minutes on the aforementioned vehicle and can fix almost anything on both of our cars.
  • For my Kindle, which now lives permanently in my handbag and keeps me from being bored when I find myself stuck somewhere with nothing to do at random times during the day.
  • For my new handbag. It’s bigger than any handbag I’ve carried up until now and I should’ve gone up to this size years ago. I am madly in love with this style and pattern.

Bali Blue handbag

  • For our new cat Sugar- who keeps my kids happy and is less demanding of my time than our previous cat Percy.
  • For our wonderful friend Miriam and the wonderful family pictures she took of us.
  • For surviving the family picture shoot and for the fact that we look happy to be taking the pictures. I’m happy to accept that fiction.

Smith Family crop

  • For the pizza place that we went to after the family picture shoot where I could sooth my nerves with cheese and carbohydrates.
  • For Nigel working so hard to stop sucking his thumb so that he can start his orthodontics.
  • For teachers who call me to tell me that my kid won’t stop talking in class. While I’m not happy about getting the call- I like to be informed.
  • For a company that tells my husband how much they appreciate his hard work. That is much, much appreciated by me.
  • For warm weather. (It’s going to be a warm and sunny 83 degrees this afternoon).
  • For enjoying the comforts of a comfortable home and full bellies.
  • For Bogart, my faithful and loyal border collie.
  • For Emmaline and her insistence on being a princess.
  • For my mother-in-law, who made Emmaline’s Christmas dress (a giant, poofy princess creation) again this year and it weighs 4 pounds.

Christmas dress

  • For the upcoming holidays.
  • For having a husband with a sense of humor and kids who love to laugh.

3 comments:

Doreen said...

lots of good things to be thankful for!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful dress! Love reading gratitude lists. :)

Kitty Smith said...

Your family pictures are beautiful! Once again! Love your post, love hearing about all you are thankful for. Our lives truly are full, aren't they? I'm thankful for my awesome sister in law!