Saturday, July 17, 2010

Christmas in July

Somebody needs to stop me. It’s July- so naturally I felt the need to start shopping for Christmas Cards today. And possible Christmas gifts for the kids. And maybe some Christmas dishes too.

It’s my need to plan, people! (As mentioned in my most recent post.) It’s also my need to get things on sale- (fyi: the best time for sale items on toys is in the early fall, when they clearance everything out to make room for the Christmas stuff)- and also to find out how much the things on the kid’s Christmas Lists are going to cost (that way I can start gently guiding them in more affordable directions).

And almost by accident, while perusing Amazon.com- I found this:

Christmas Dishes

Now it’s possible that you may think that this set of Christmas dishes is terrible. They may not be for you. But I cannot lie- I saw them and my heart skipped a beat! I currently don’t have any Christmas dishes and I’ve been looking for a few years now to replace a set I was given a long time ago. But between you and me- I’m not a fan of Christmas trees on my plates. Or snowmen. And I like snowflakes- I just don’t want blue and white Christmas dishes. And given my borderline obsession with pinecones, I think that these dishes are perfection.

Sad news: this pattern is called Garland Spruce by Pfaltzgraff and it was discontinued in 2006. It can currently be purchased on Amazon for an astronomical price ($249 for 4 place settings. I know- ridiculous, right?)

Good news: I found it on Replacements.com and they are selling their 4 place setting sets for $28.99. I’m going to get 3 boxes.

What do you think? Is 12 place settings enough? Or should I buy an extra box and have 16?

4 comments:

Doreen said...

I LOVE this pattern! Get 4 boxes - that way you can replace chipped pieces over the years.

stalker sarah said...

I like it, too! And I agree about getting the extra box! That way you'll be set for a while! And holy cow, what a DEAL you found! You are a very savvy shopper! :)

hannahshirley said...

16 place settings for sure!!!!

amyraye said...

yes, definitely 16.