Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding Daydreams

Emmaline spotted it last week at the library. It was a big, beautiful picture book all about wedding cakes. She showed it to Ally and Eve, then to me and Kitty, and we all agreed that the wedding cakes in the book were AMAZING and that we needed to check the book out and pour over it’s contents in the comfort of our own home.

That is how we ended up making a wedding cake today. A cake that fulfills every Barbie inspired wedding cake fantasy.

Each of the kids took a turn with the icing bag and we varied the decorator tips to fit individual preferences.

Wedding cake

wedding cake 2

wedding cake 3

Now the kids are salivating over this lovely cake. The kids have ooed and aahed over the execution and design and Eve has declared it to be “phenomenal!”.

5 comments:

melanie said...

Impressive! :) I have yet to try my hand at such a thing, but hope to learn some "wedding cake decorating" skills soon! :) Maybe I should check out my local library!?

Doreen said...

It looks beautiful!

stalker sarah said...

How fun!! This is a beautiful cake! I bet the kids had so much fun helping!! :)

Trina Barry said...

It looks amazing, and even more than that, delicious! Can I come over? :)

amyraye said...

that. is. awesome.