Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Busy

It has been busy, busy, busy. Hours in the garden, hours at the pool, hours cleaning the house, hours listening to Max cry (he is cutting his molars).  It’s been busy. The garden has taken a massive amount of weeding. I shucked, blanched, and froze 3 dozen ears of corn yesterday. I have picked pounds and pounds of tomatoes, that I am now putting in freezer bags to be canned at a more convenient time. I made some homemade pesto with the basil from the garden, and have incorporated the pesto into last nights meal and also tonight’s. Zucchini and yellow squash are in abundance. I am finding lots of uses for okra. The kids are eagerly awaiting the watermelon and cantaloupe that are just a couple of weeks away from being ripe. Dinner tonight included the most delicious Tomato, Pesto, and Parmesan Tart. Way too much butter in the tart, but oh, so good.

On the schedule for tomorrow:

  • canning pickles
  • going to the gym
  • cleaning the kids rooms
  • laundry, laundry, laundry

The kids and I leave for Atlanta on Sunday for our two week vacation. The kids keep asking me every single day when we get to leave. We’re all looking forward to seeing family again!

1 comment:

stalker sarah said...

I'm so jealous! I want a garden! You have some GREAT food in there! Have fun tomorrow and have fun on vacation! I love Atlanta!!!