Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I didn’t do

Today I was lazy and it was awesome.

At the end of the day I reflected on all the things I happily didn’t do today.

  • I didn’t go to the gym
  • I didn’t make my bed
  • I didn’t check my bank account
  • I didn’t wash the dishes by hand (the dishwasher’s broken)
  • I didn’t take the kids to the pool
  • I didn’t make lunch for the kids (we went to McDonalds)
  • I didn’t get off the couch for 2 hours this afternoon (in my defense, my book was really good and it was raining)
  • I didn’t make all the phone calls on my to-do list
  • I didn’t actually look at my to-do list
  • I didn’t follow my diet (two Krispy Kreme donuts)

My favorite quote from today:

The four kids and I were at Home Depot this morning looking at paint chips for the boys’ bedroom. Ernie kept insisting he wanted black walls (my answer: No.) and Nigel kept offering any color chip that had the Disney logo on it. Then Emmaline started to express her opinion and Ernie piped up again and said that he changed his mind and he wanted teal for the walls and then Nigel started crying because he had no idea what teal looked like. That’s when I announced- over the clamor- that I would listen to everyone but that I would be making the final decision and did they understand that.

And Ernie said, “We understand Supreme Lord Chancellor and we will obey.”

I laughed for quite awhile after that one.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Hilarious! That kid cracks me up.