Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lake Effect

For 2 and 1/2 days I sat still. I sat still and was quiet and read a book whenever I wanted. I ate way too many Peanut Butter M&Ms, Buffalo Blazin’ Doritos, drank oodles of Diet Coke and Sugar Free Grape Kool-aide. There was lots of time to talk and there were lots of things to talk about and because there was only me, Kitty, and Libby, we grazed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

3 chick flicks. We watched 3: Leap Year (entertaining and completely free of sex), 13 Going 30 (an awesome, delightful classic), and Dear John (mixed reviews on this one- but we unanimously loved Channing Tatum).

It was so hot that we only sat on the dock for short periods of time and we spent the majority of our time on the porch, reading or talking while we sat in the rocking chairs or on the porch swing or inside watching movies.

We went to bed every night at a reasonable hour (11pm) and woke up each morning between (8:30am and 9:00am).

The lake house was wonderful, just like last year. It was delightful to take time to be quiet, and watching the water was lovely and soothing. It was awesome to be with good friends, who also happen to be my sisters-in-law! I love that the people that I love to spend my time with are also the people who are aunts to my children and the people that I see each summer at family reunions. I feel lucky and grateful that I feel as comfortable in Ernie’s family as I do in my own!

IMG_0137

IMG_0138

IMG_0139

IMG_0141

IMG_0142

IMG_0144

2 comments:

stalker sarah said...

Yummmmmm....Doritos! Love the photos! It looks like you guys are having a blast! And I loved Leap Year, too! I also love When In Rome. Have you seen that yet? I'll have to check out Dear John....maybe! ;)

Kitty Smith said...

What a great trip we had. I'm glad you blogged it, 'cause I haven't had time to even touch the computer til now!