Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Camp Nonny

My blogging will be sporadic for the next 10-14 days, as I am currently on vacation- with a varying schedule (and internet access) and all that entails. At the moment we are at my parents house in Conyers, Georgia and the kids and I are having a fabulous time. My mom has done a wonderful job preparing for our visit. Monday ended up being a slow day for us, which was great since we drove all day Sunday and the kids were happy to just relax at Nonny and Poppy’s house on Monday. Sylvia’s kids have been in Day Camp this week, but we’ve been able to have dinner all together every night.

Tuesday was awesome, Mom and Dad took us all to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and the kids and I had a wonderful time. The highlights for me were the Children’s Gardens, the Edible Gardens, and the Canopy Walk. You always know it’s going to be fun when the website recommends that the kids bring their swimsuits! After the Gardens, we took a couple hours to rest and then we all went to see Toy Story 3.

Today was the day that Emmaline was waiting for. It was Art Day. She has waited months to show Nonny that she’s an artist too. Mom gave each of the kids clipboards at the Botanical Gardens, so that they could sketch things that were interesting to them, in preparation for Art Day today. The kids had an amazing time working at the easel today and their artwork looks great!

Tomorrow I’m off by myself to the lakehouse with Kitty and Libby, but while I’m gone my Ernie will get here, the kids will be eating pizza at Sylvia’s house, the older kids will head to Fernbank to look at the stars, and laughter will happen. Cousins and grandparents make life wonderful!

No comments: