Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tonight’s Dinner

We had dinner guests tonight, Mike Jones and his wife. Here was tonight’s menu:

  • Grilled Pork Chops
  • Sautéed Okra
  • Steamed Zucchini and Yellow Squash
  • Cherry Tomato and Fresh Basil Salad
  • Penne Pasta tossed with Pesto and Cream
  • Garden Tomatoes, sliced
  • Blueberry Cobbler with Whipped Cream

The okra, zucchini, yellow squash, basil, cherry tomatoes, and large tomatoes were all picked from the garden this morning. The pesto was homemade and I made it a few days ago using basil from out of the garden. The blueberries I used in the cobbler were given to Ernie yesterday by a woman at work who picked them out of her yard.

Everything was fresh and so, so delicious. The okra was my favorite. Best thing about tonight: the kids ate all their vegetables without complaint! 

2 comments:

Kitty Smith said...

Yummy, yummy! I want you to bring me some recipes this summer. I am at a total loss for new and healthy things to cook. I plan on eating a ton of delicious tomatoes in Mississippi this summer!

Larry said...

Wow--what creativity! What energy! What a success! Congratulations!