Saturday, June 5, 2010

If you give a girl a paint chip…

It started with some clearance comforters at Walmart. I mean really- who can pass up soft, solid colored microfiber comforters for $11 a piece?

The microfiber comforters led to the paint chips from Home Depot and Lowes.

The paint chips led to the House Beautiful magazines that Mom left at the house for more ideas.

The House Beautiful magazines led to the internet.

And now, I have projects galore going on in my head.

We moved into our house 1 year ago this weekend and I can tell. Once I hit the year mark in a house, I am suddenly flush with ideas and feel compelled to nest and stamp it as my own. We bought this house from the Robert’s family and I realized that I was still treating the house in some respects, as if it were still their house. I’m ready for this house to be my house.

I’ve picked paint for the kids’ rooms. I don’t have the money to tackle this yet- but I have already mentally removed the tiled countertops and backsplash in the kitchen that I’ve never really liked, and I’m ready to scour blogs, garage sales, and Craig’s List to find the decorating inspiration that has eluded me up until now.

No comments: