Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For the last 5 hours…

For the last 5 hours I have been installing a dishwasher.

What’s that, you ask?

Did I really attempt to install a dishwasher all alone? With 4 kids running around, begging to play with the tools and wandering off with needed parts?

Yes. Yes I did.

And after 2 trips to Lowe’s- first to get a water hose and connector, and then later on go back to get a longer water hose, plus an additional clamp to replace the one that Max walked off with- here it is:

dishwasher

And here’s the mess that I will not be cleaning up tonight.

dishwasher mess

Ernie is out of town- which was the catalyst for my becoming an appliance installer- and when he called tonight he told me that he is proud of me for figuring all this out. I’m pretty proud of myself too.

4 comments:

amyraye said...

wow. awesome. does it wash dishes, too?

Betina said...

Man oh man! You're my new hero!

Nikki Painter said...

FABULOUS!

Diane said...

There's your new profession! And installers make pretty good money too.