Friday, March 19, 2010

Dear Ernie

anniversary Dear Ernie,

Thanks for a great lunch date today! It’s our 11th anniversary and I think that the kids were as excited today as we were- they kept saying congratulations and that they were happy that we got married. Thank you for being such a great husband and father.

It’s been a wonderful 11 years and some of my fondest memories have been exploring new places with you (which is really good, considering how much we’ve moved). It’s fun to remember all the places we been and the things that we’ve done together. I love thinking about where life is going to take us.

I really want to say thank you for being a good guy- I know you’re not perfect (probably better than anyone) but I really appreciate your consistent willingness to try hard. You have always set the example for saying sorry in our marriage (it was harder for me at first) and it’s been a blessing for both of us. It means a great deal to me that you include me in your life (discussing work issues, your hobbies, spending your free time with me). It makes me feel like we have common goals and that we are “on the same team” as we like to say. I’ve appreciated your dedication to your callings at church and the example that sets for our kids. Most of all I appreciate the incredible level of support that you’ve always given me. I know that you believe in me and that makes all the difference in the world.

You love me. I love you. You’re my best friend. What else is there to say?

Love,

Rebecca

3 comments:

Ernie said...

You are my everything, my darling. Here's to the next 30 years together!

amyraye said...

happy anniversary!

Doreen said...

Glad you guys had a great day! I'm glad you're together also! You are a great team!