Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What’s normal, anyway?

I’ll start tonight by saying thanks to Magen for having awesome quote on her blog. Here it is:

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.

-Camus

So, so true.

Today was more than a little random. Here’s a quick summary:

  • Emmaline was “sick” today and thoroughly enjoyed her day home with me and Max.
  • I took a nap today.
  • I took a nap today because Ernie had to go back into work last night to be present when they searched the lockers on 2nd shift and I couldn’t sleep until he got home.
  • I went to Sonic 3 times today. Don’t ask.
  • Well, alright, I’ll tell you. I went to Sonic first for happy hour. Second, because immediately after pulling out of Sonic I realized that I had forgotten to get Max his grilled cheese sandwich and he was crying so I went back through and got it for him. Third, because there was nowhere else to go after I picked Ernie up from Cub Scouts and we had to wait for the sheriff to arrive and remove the rabid dogs who had taken over my yard and wouldn’t leave my driveway.
  • I suppose you could say that the dogs weren’t exactly rabid- but they did bite two boys on our street.
  • The kids were in heaven when we got back from Sonic and the dogs were tied with rope to one of our trees, all of our neighbors were standing outside giving statements to the sheriff, and an actual police car was parked in front of our house.

Good times at the Smith house today.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

"Normal" is one of those words that is heavily debated in scholarly circles...it can also be politically loaded such as, who decides what's normal or not which is always linked to money...Never would have thought about it, probably at all, before this doctoral program.

Doreen said...

Must have been scary with dogs running loose - but the Police saved the day! and made some kids happy in the process!