Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Loves and loves

Here are all the things that I loved today:

  1. Scooting to the middle of the bed this morning while Ernie was in the shower.
  2. Saying prayers with Ernie before he left for work.
  3. Getting all the bills paid and accounts updated before the kids woke up.
  4. Talking to Caroline.
  5. Getting to know Megan.
  6. Getting money back at Walmart. (I realized yesterday when I looked at my receipt in the car that I was overcharged for 2 items)
  7. Taking Little Ernie to see Dr. Dryden (the best children’s therapist in the world).
  8. Seeing Little Ernie be so excited and happy, knowing that he has some new skills to help him sleep tonight.
  9. Talking with Caroline and Megan :) (when will boys grow up, I ask you)
  10. Seeing Emmaline jump for joy when Caroline and Megan invited her to go with them to Sonic.
  11. Watching Max run from room to room looking for Caroline and Megan when he woke up from his nap.
  12. Renting “Princess and the Frog” on the first day it was released on DVD.
  13. Meeting Ernie for dinner at- you guessed it- Rose’s (Caroline’s request this time)
  14. Movie night with the kids
  15. Bedtime.

Caroline has been with us since the beginning of everything. We were there for both of her proms and her high school graduation. We’ve watched Caroline rock it at BYU-Idaho, work in New York for the last 4 years, and now grad school at Columbia. She was there before we’d been married a year, she almost passed out in the delivery room watching Little Ernie be born, and she has visited us regularly all these years. Here’s some old school Caroline and some old school Smiths:

P0000089

All Eyes on Lil Ernie

Ernie Calls His Posse

In the morning we’re headed to the Natural Science Museum in Jackson, so lots more pictures tomorrow!

3 comments:

amyraye said...

still not sure who megan and caroline are? college friends?

Rebecca said...

Amy- when Ernie and I'd been married for 6 months I was called to be YW president and Caroline was one of my laurels. We consider her to be part of the family now and when she visits she usually brings a friend. This trip she brought one of her BYU-I roomates (Megan) that we'd not met yet.

Kitty Smith said...

ok, I'm a little emotional tonight because we had an awesome spiritual rs birthday dinner... that said, Seeing you and Ernie in the delivery room gets me all teary eyed! I miss those early days sometimes. Then again, maybe I'm just weepy for the Sonic you mentioned in this post! Can't wait for pictures from your day at the museum!