Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Food, anyone?

I’ve been pondering comfort food today. That fiendish stuff. Here are a list of my favorites:

  • fresh avocados
  • cheesy mashed potatoes
  • homemade macaroni and cheese
  • Diet Coke
  • buffalo wings
  • homemade rolls
  • strawberries and cream
  • cheese. any kind of cheese.
  • Thai food

Here are some of my kids favorites, which are turning into comfort foods for them:

  • Ramen. Beef flavor, preferably.
  • Pasta with butter and cheese
  • Sonic cream slushes
  • pickles
  • toast with cinnamon sugar
  • cold cereal

That leaves me to ponder Ernie’s comfort foods. I am not totally sure what his comfort foods might be, since he likes just about everything. If I had to guess, though- these would be my guesses:

  • Diet Coke with a lime
  • NY Strip steak, medium rare
  • burgers from Wendy’s
  • good BBQ ribs
  • guacamole with lime flavored tortilla chips
  • my homemade banana pudding
  • fresh, homegrown tomatoes
  • chocolate chip cookies

1 comment:

Kitty Smith said...

Really, I think you are trying to punish me! It all sounds so yummy and I can't even get half of that stuff here! :) (of course, I just woke up and haven't had breakfast yet, so I'm super hungry!) Avocados are literally $5 a piece here and are so green they don't ripen. I love avocados! :) Thanks for sharing your favorite foods with us. Yummy!