Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Alfresco

The weather today was to die for perfect. I also made an amazing batch of bread today. So naturally we had to eat outside for dinner :)

Here’s what we had for dinner:

  • homemade wheat bread with butter and jam
  • cantaloupe
  • honeydew
  • tomatoes
  • avocados

I just cut everything up and set it out on the deck for the kids. It was delicious and the weather was so nice. In a few weeks the mosquitoes will be out of control and it will be almost too hot to eat outside… but for now it’s perfect.

The kids asked me if they could feed the squirrels, which of course I said yes. I didn’t notice this, though, until we started to go inside.

scraps

Apparently Max thought the squirrels might enjoy eating tomatoes as much as he does.

1 comment:

Kitty Smith said...

I love impromptu picnics in great weather! Sounds like a perfect dinner too. When Lee's gone it's really easy to have simple dinners. But, we are all getting a little tired of my non organized, dad's out of town menu. I gotta start cooking again at some point! Enjoy the gorgeous weather while you can!

Kit