Friday, April 16, 2010

And tonight’s guest blogger is…

Tonight Rebecca is exhausted, and so she asked me, her husband Ernie, if I would be her “guest blogger” and write her blog for her.  Seeing as I am always on the hunt for “Brownie points”, I quickly agreed to the task.  So now I am in the predicament of trying to decide what to blog about.  If I were Rebecca, what would I blog about today?  Would I blog about why we got to sleep so late last night?  No, my darling wife is too prim and proper to blog about that.

What about Japanese Day at Nigel and Emmaline’s school?  There are certainly a lot of cute photos I could post with Emmaline in her kimono (which she kept calling her kimonio) with her friends like the one below:

DSC_7449 

Or, I could post about how Rebecca totally made my day by kidnapping me from the office and taking me out with little Max for a lunch date.

DSC_7494

That’s me by the plotter, and one of my guys, Jason (who looks just like Tim McGraw, by the way) waiting on the copier.  As you can see, Fridays are Jeans Day at the plant.  Fun!

Or I guess I could blog about how I reminded Rebecca that I had agreed to host 6-10 out of town youth from our faith who are here for a conference, and they will be spending the night tonight.  I could blog about how Rebecca has been cleaning, cooking and shopping all day to be ready for them when they get here sometime after midnight.  She made brownies (I redeemed some of my points and had one!) for them when they get here, and she prepared two breakfast casseroles and two pans of home-made, from scratch cinnamon rolls so the can pop them in the oven first thing tomorrow morning.  Yummy!

Well, in the end I think I will blog about something that I know Rebecca would never blog about herself: How amazing a woman she is, and how in love with her I am.

When Rebecca and I were dating, and I was living in Syracuse, New York, I confided in my Stake President that I loved Rebecca so much that I couldn’t stand to think about losing her.  He looked at me and said, “Ernie, I felt the same way about my wife when we were dating, but let me tell you that what I felt then was but a shadow of what I feel for her now.  Someday you will feel the same way.”  He was right.  Rebecca is my very best friend, and my favorite thing about living.  She is smart, funny, creative, a hard worker, and a great mother.  Although I was madly in love with her back then, it was just a shadow of how I feel about her now.

5 comments:

Trina Barry said...

Beautiful post! You're both lucky to have each other! Rebecca is amazing! :)

The Clayburn Family said...

I agree! Rebecca is AMAZING! Beautiful post!! Good job, guest blogger. Come back anytime. :)

Larry said...

Way to go, Ernie--you collected some serious brownie points with your guest blogging.

Liney said...

Awesome post!! I love you guys!!!

stalker sarah said...

What a great post, Ernie! I love it! Rebecca, you should print it out and frame it! You guys are the best couple! We miss you guys so much!!!