Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Bogart

Dear Bogart,

You have been a faithful companion for 6 years now and I love everything about you (except the hair dust bunnies that you leave for me). I love that you adore the kids as much as I do. It cracks me up that you jump in the car every time you see me leave to take a babysitter home, and that you’ve done this weekly for years now. You were my friend when Ernie was so busy at work and church and I was on bed rest while  pregnant with Emmaline and I needed a friend. You’ve watched 6 seasons of LOST with me. I like how you never sleep on the bed when Ernie and I are both home- you don’t even try it. But when Ernie’s gone, you jump up, find a good spot and curl up and go to sleep. You listen to me better than my kids sometimes. I love how smart you are. Thanks for being the best dog a family could ever ask for.

DSC_6644

4 comments:

stalker sarah said...

He is such a good dog! We miss you guys!

Larry said...

Dogs are truly a gift from God.

Sylvia said...

Good ole' Bogart! I miss having a dog around sometimes. But I also like having the freedom of not having a dog. Three cats fulfill all my pet needs at the moment. We just aren't home enough for a dog. However, we are a perfect cat household.

Ernie said...

I love that dog! He is the best dog ever!