Saturday, April 10, 2010

Family Time

Here are some of the ways that we enjoyed family time today:

  • Dad, Ernie, Little Ernie, and Nigel drove over to the gravel pit and shot up a bunch of soda cans and an old dummy wearing a santa costume. Dad shot Ernie’s M-1 Garand for the first time and was quite impressed with the way it made the Big Red can explode.
  • Mom, Emmaline, Max and I went to the mall and went shopping. Max handled the shopping very well. Emmaline, not as much.
  • Mom, Emmaline, Max and I drove to Sonic and I shared all the virtues of Sonic with Mom. Happy Hour (1/2 price drinks from 2-4pm every day) was a major selling point.
  • Seeing Larry’s incoming Skype call and answering it. Caroline put Skype on my laptop, but I’ve never actually used it before today. That’s how we found out my laptop doesn’t have a built-in microphone. It was still tons of fun to see Larry and Diane while we talked to them on the cell phone.
  • Ernie and I sharing our favorite Thai restaurant with Mom and Dad tonight. Delicious food. As always, I ate too much.

Mom and Dad go home tomorrow and we will all be sad. Little Ernie keeps telling me how much he loves having extra family here. He says it makes him feel like “no one is missing”. I agree.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Great to see and talk with you and your mom--according to her FB she has a wonderful time at your place.

Liney said...

sad that you dont have a microphone:(