Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Night Movie Night

I worked full time from the time that Emmaline was 18 months old until she was 3. That was the beginning of Friday Night Movie Night. Every Friday night I would pick up a pizza on my way home from work and we would watch a movie as a family. The kids were 5, 3, and 18 months when we started FNMN and over the last 4 years we have watched a lot of family movies.

It’s been 3 years since I went back to being a full time mom, but Friday Night Movie Night still continues. It’s not every Friday anymore but it still happens a couple times a month. It’s actually happening right now, as I blog. And tonight, it’s a doozy. The kids have been begging to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. In case your wondering if you should rent it or not, I found this critic’s review to help make up your mind. Here’s my favorite quote: “Little kids will love it. You’ll need a hazmat suit.”

The funniest thing tonight is that Little Ernie is laughing hysterically. The kids seem to love it. As for me, the high-pitched voices are like nails on a chalkboard (which is why I will never buy this movie). So, it’s a good thing that the movie isn’t the point. The point is that we’re all together as a family.

3 comments:

Ernie said...

I learned one thing from watching this movie. The only thing more annoying than listening to the high-pitched voices of Alvin, Simon and Theodore is listening to those of the Chippette's singing "all the single ladies"

amyraye said...

i've heard the same thing about that movie. but my kids did adore it. we will not be buying it.
i adore family movie nights, too. though, i am usually on my laptop because i don't have the attention span for many movies. but i do love the "family experience."

Joni said...

We do a lot of movie nights with pizza, too. Only I REFUSE to allow Alvin and the Chipmunks to enter our home (via red Netflix envelope or any other means). The other night we saw Fantastic Mr. Fox - liked it a lot.