Thursday, April 8, 2010

Comings and Goings

I totally, 100%, completely forgot to blog yesterday! I guess April 7, 2010 was the day that I just had too much other stuff to do. Or I clearly had nothing to say, so I never had an “I will blog about this” moment during the day that helped me to remember to blog.

Between yesterday and today I have:

  • pushed myself too hard at the gym (in a class that I love) two days in a row. And now- since I haven’t worked out in 4 years- I am super sore. Don’t worry though, I’ll be back.
  • assembled bird houses with little Cub Scouts who thought that they knew how to wield a hammer better than me. They were wrong.
  • cleaned my house top to bottom. Everything. That includes my bedroom and my bathroom. I should take pictures.
  • done a ton of laundry. Seriously, I was pondering the weight of all the loads and I think it must weigh quite a bit.
  • kissed Max’s feet because he likes to stick them in my face.
  • made another batch of bread (trying to perfect this whole wheat recipe) and a delicious pot of chili.
  • helped with a lot of homework.
  • thought that my daughter is 1) getting too big too fast and 2) that she is really pretty.
  • smiled after my Ernie kissed me in the kitchen and then Little Ernie said, “that is so romantic.”
  • talked to Kitty in China. LOVE Vonage :)
  • loved it when Nigel announced that he was going to do his homework, since I had told him that he was old enough to be responsible for that on his own.

Mom and Dad will be here in a few minutes, so I’ll be sure to blog tomorrow with lots of pictures. The kids are so excited and Emmaline keeps telling me how much she “loves my parents”. As if somehow, they are only related to me and just acquaintances of hers.

3 comments:

amyraye said...

that's hilarious that you completely spaced posting yesterday. too bad you couldn't enjoy your day off since you weren't even aware of it. :)

i loved this post.

Larry said...

I think it's very cool that you and Amy have hit it off so well! Melba and I are looking forward to seeing you and Sylvia. Could you send me the dates again?

Kitty Smith said...

Sounds like another perfectly lovely day in paradise! i love the South, and I think living there makes everything nicer. :) Kiss little Max's toes for me and yes, Emma is growing up too fast (tell her Aunt Kitty says to STOP IT!) and she is gorgeous.... of course she does favor her aunt. :)