Monday, May 24, 2010

Astronomy

Tonight I went in to check on Little Ernie and say good night to him. We had a mildly stressful evening tonight that involved all 4 males in the family getting haircuts at SuperCuts and on the way home Little Ernie’s seat in the van offered him a perfect seat to listen to Ernie and I disagree.

When I went in to say good night to him, he seemed emotional and stressed- and I assumed (with much guilt) that the argument that Ernie and I had in the car stressed him out. So I bit the bullet and asked him if something was wrong.

Ernie: No, nothing is wrong.

Me: Well, you seem upset, are you sure you’re ok?

Ernie: Well, Mom actually I am upset about something, but I didn’t want to talk to you about it.

Me: Ok, well it’s ok to talk to me. What is it? (*cringe*)

Ernie: Well Mom, I’m just really upset that we never get to see any eclipses. I mean, I see them happening all the time in China and we NEVER get them here in Mississippi and I’m really upset about it! (almost in tears).

Me: (relieved that this isn’t my fault) Buddy, we’ll see if we can work something out.

Ernie: Ok mom, thanks. 

And then, because he was so tired, he almost feel asleep right then.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Very sweet--a tender moment between you and your son.

Kitty Smith said...

Whew! That makes me smile, a really big smile! I love that cutie. :)