Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cranky

I keep hearing my mother’s voice, “Rebecca, you have to be pleasant for two days after a sleepover, or the next time you’re invited you won’t be allowed to go.”

I’m trying. Hard. I think tomorrow will be better, but that red-eye home was a little much for me. Most importantly though, I got home for Emmaline’s birthday- and that meant the world to her.

I’ve had a couple of thoughts since I’ve been home:

  1. Max doesn’t look like a baby to me anymore. I felt like I was seeing him for the first time when I got home yesterday and my heart broke just a little. (He’s still really cute, though and he’s as snuggly as ever.)
  2. Never, ever buy a Nerf ball and leave it out for the dog to tear apart. There were blue foam pieces strewn across the house when I walked in.
  3. Ernie did a fantastic job baking cupcakes and taking them to the school at the right time.
  4. I need to constantly remember that the kids need a couple of days without my rules (i.e. Daddy’s rules instead) as much as I need a couple of days to myself.

Here are some pictures from Ernie and the kids while I was away:

garage doordiaper changecupcakescupcakes 2

3 comments:

amyraye said...

aahh-finally the infamous "hanging on the garage door" picture! totally reminds me of my childhood. :)

totally feeling your cranky pain.

Sylvia said...

That quote from mom totally made me laugh.

Doreen said...

The two-day rule! What's funny is that you applied it to yourself! Great - we can just be friends and I don't have to be mother anymore!