Sunday, May 23, 2010

So long, Weekend- it’s been fun!

Church today was illuminating. Mostly because Max and Emmaline didn’t sit with me and I actually got to listen in Sacrament Meeting. I’m also reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey- which I realize has been around for just about forever and I’m a little late to the game. It’s been a good weekend overall. We rocked the smoked chicken (not ducks, Larry, and certainly not Chihuahuas) last night for dinner. My kids adore fruit dip and playing in the water at the beach (no oil yet, *fingers crossed*). A few awesome things from this weekend:

  • My Ernie, per the usual, is the best!
  • I really, truly, 100% think that my kids are awesome and I genuinely like them.
  • Old friends are great. Thank you John Miller (a friend of ours from Indiana, Kentucky, and now Mississippi [Ernie worked with John in Indy, hired him in KY, and then hired him again a few weeks ago here in MS]) for being a part of our lives.
  • Max might be the most feisty out of all my kids- I didn’t expect that.
  • Sister Pendleton’s talk in church today was a beautiful expression of her testimony.
  • The lesson in Relief Society today was about Mothers. It’s given me a lot to think about. I’m still processing.
  • The end of LOST is tonight. Awesome!
  • We’re making summer plans, lots of summer plans (which, according to the kids, means planning on going to the pool every day).

Oh- and we came up with our family motto: Love Family, Work Hard, Never Give Up

2 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Sounds like a great Sabbath day! Love the Smith Team Family Motto!!

Ernie said...

The beach was ridiculously fun with you and the kids. We loved exploring together, finding hermit crabs, digging snails, finding shells, and watching all the jumping fish! I am so lucky to share my life with you, my darling!