Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Friends

Say hello to two of my favorite Sunday friends:

rice cookercrock pot

Both (as evidenced by the baked on splatters) are well used appliances at my house. I bought the delay timer rice cooker when I was working full time. You can set it up to 12 hours before a meal, so it was perfect for setting up in the morning before work and then coming home to cooked rice, all ready to eat.

Today we’re having Hawaiian Chicken and Brown Rice, with a Spinach Salad and fresh fruit for dinner. All of that is easy and absolutely perfect for a relaxed Sunday. I had all the food prepped and in the cookers before naptime, so this afternoon I didn’t have to worry about waking up in time to fix dinner. Perfect!

3 comments:

Larry said...

Hmmm, hmmm, good!!

Doreen said...

The chicken turned out fabulously! Thanks for the great recipe. I got another fabulous recipe for broccoli salad from Diane. All told - an amazing Sunday dinner for the two of us!

Diane said...

Sounds good. Could you send me the Hawaiian Chicken recipe?