Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flowers in the Garden

Our yard here in Mississippi is heavily wooded, so almost everything that grows in our yard is a shade loving plant of some variety or other. It’s starting to smell really good here. Right now our deck is incredibly fragrant from the jasmine vines that have grown so well, they really need to be cut back. The front yard smells amazing too, with the tall magnolia tree and the gardenia bushes that have just started to bloom. If I wore perfume- which I don’t- but if I did, I think I’d have to wear a perfume that had gardenia notes in it.

 

3 comments:

Kitty Smith said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of your beautiful yard. I can't wait to come back to the States and get away from the concrete jungle that is Shanghai. Enjoy those wonderful gardenias for me!

stalker sarah said...

What a BEAUTIFUL yard! I love it!!!! :)

Sarah said...

How beautiful! Sounds like paradise. :-D