Sunday, May 9, 2010

If you can’t say anything nice…

I tell my kids all the time that if they can’t say anything nice, not to say anything at all. So I will apply this rule to myself and instead of telling you about the ketchup fight my kids had (do NOT get me started on this one) while I was gone last night and they were with the babysitter, or tell you how many hours Ernie has worked in the last 4 days (hint: it’s A LOT), or discuss the mildly demoralizing Mother’s Day talks at church today- I’ll just focus on the good things that happened this weekend.

  • Emmaline loved her Luau Party. She also loved every single present.
  • My Ernie and I had desert last night at Chesterfield’s. The fried pecan pie is too, too delicious.
  • Nigel painted a wonderful self portrait of himself wearing a sombrero (in honor of Cinco de Mayo, of course) and gave it to me for Mother’s Day. On a 16x20 canvas.
  • Max learned how to shoot two “lawter guns” at the same time.
  • Little Ernie leaned over during church today and told me that he can’t wait until he’s old enough to be a Deacon and pass the sacrament.
  • My Ernie and I talked/argued tonight, but eventually got to the point where we had vented enough that we could be nice to each other again. Then we reassured one another that we are still best friends.

2 comments:

amyraye said...

let's all sigh together now, one-two-three: sigh. :)

i'm cracking up over nigel's self {sombrero} portrait. in a 16x20 size.

who argues with their wife on mother's day?

even still, your post made me laugh. way to put your rosy-colored glasses on.

amyraye said...

also, i love thumper- did you know? :)