Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chef Ernie

Ernie cooked dinner tonight and it was delicious! I don’t want to embarrass him, but I think it’s been years since Ernie cooked dinner and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him plan the way that he did today.

  • He started by discussing menu options with me this morning that I might like (which felt very luxurious to me- multiple delicious choices!)
  • He decided on Gaeng Dang Curry- my very favorite Thai dish.
  • Then Ernie got online and found the perfect recipe and made a list.
  • He went to the Asian Market (with 3 kids in tow, even) and bought all kinds of delicious ingredients like fish sauce and red curry paste.
  • When it came time to cook, he propped the laptop on the counter and then followed the recipe!
  • The kids were impressed and I was in heaven. It was literally just the same as the dish at our favorite Thai restaurant.

Maybe baking cupcakes last week has triggered something in Ernie. I don’t know. I am absolutely impressed that he followed a recipe- it can be intimidating if you aren’t comfortable with cooking. It was delicious, I felt spoiled, and I loved the example that it set for the kids (especially the boys). I can’t wait to see what Ernie decides to cook next. Here’s to hoping that he cooks again soon!

2 comments:

Larry said...

Tell Ernie to knock it off--he's making the rest of us husbands look bad! :-)

Sarah said...

Awesome! Now if I could get my husband to make Tom Kha Gai ..... :-D