Friday, May 14, 2010

Weekend Plans

I had such grand plans for this weekend. I was going to head to the gym tomorrow to make up the day that I missed when Little Ernie was throwing up. I was going to put meals in the freezer. (People interested in this can go here.) Ernie’s only working for a few hours tomorrow, so I was excited to spend a relaxed Saturday all together as a family.

I should have suspected that something wasn’t right when Max wanted to lay next to me while I read a book this afternoon and then he stayed for an hour. He seemed okay at first. We catalogued all his scabs and pretend hurts and I kissed his feet again- because that’s where the “ladybugs” (fire ants) bit him. Then I noticed that his head seemed a little warm. Ah, yes. He has a temperature of 101 degrees.

About 30 minutes later Emmaline came up to me and told me that she was “so cold”. Our house is currently 78 degrees. So I felt her forehead, and yes indeedy, she has a fever of 102.

I don’t know if we’re going to have any vomiting tonight, but I’m pretty sure that my weekend plans have just been turned upside down.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Great moms like you have the patience of Job...and the love only a mother can give to her sick children.