Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day is Done.

I walked in the door tonight with 4 kids at 8:47pm (Ernie is working late), looked at the messy kitchen, saw the backpacks and school stuff strewn across the living room, stepped over the pile of dress shirts to take to the drycleaners, and put the kids in bed. Then I put myself in bed, where I am now comfortably blogging.

Some days there are just more important things to do than clean the house. Things like grocery shopping, exercising, laughing with an awesome husband, snuggling toddlers, listening to kindergarteners, and prepping large amounts of food for Relief Society in the evening.

The Relief Society activity was a success. Who doesn’t like to learn about freezer meals, I ask you? Everyone does, of course. So, the ladies in the Oak Grove Ward had a great time.

Today, for the first time in over a week, the fridge is full of edible food and the kids are excited to be taking lunch tomorrow. Max got lots of my attention today and the older kids came home happy from school.

Maybe the house looks like a tornado hit in the living room (and the kitchen). Maybe. But today I had other things to do.

4 comments:

Betina said...

A++

Larry said...

A terrific job of triaging your work.

Sarah said...

Ooh, tell me more about freezer meals. :-D

stalker sarah said...

I hear ya! Sometimes (but just sometimes), it's easier to just go to bed and deal with the mess in the morning! I want to learn about freezer meals! It sounds like you had a really good day! :)