Sunday, February 7, 2010

Overheard

While I was  watching Pride and Prejudice and Little  Ernie was in the kitchen doing his homework…

Ernie: Wow. Mr. Darcy must be a pretty famous person in this movie. It’s no wonder everyone wants to dance with him and marry him!

After finding the kitchen table and Max’s hands coated with hot pink nail polish…

Me: MAX!!!!

Max: Sorry, Mommy. 

After I laughed when Emmaline told me that she is going to adopt a daughter and name her “Sparkle”

Emmaline: (starting to cry) But mom, I don’t know what I am going to name my kids!

After finding lipstick smeared all over Max’s hands, the bathroom counter, and all my other tubes of lipstick…

Me: MAX!!!!

Max: Sorry, Mommy.

A private conversation between Nigel and Daddy…

Nigel: Dad, can we have candy to help us be good at church today?

Ernie: Nigel, I don’t have any candy to give you.

Nigel: (who found the forgotten leftover Halloween candy) Don’t worry, Dad- I have candy. And Dad, I brought this to you discreetly so Mom doesn’t have to know.

Between Me and Ernie, while laying in bed and falling asleep…

Ernie: I love you.

Rebecca: I love you too.

1 comment:

amyraye said...

aww. left me with a smile.