Friday, February 5, 2010

Things I love about Ernie

  • Ernie is a phenomenal kid and when he was born, he became my “little buddy”- I love those memories.
  • Ernie is very emotional and those emotions make him very attached to his siblings and his parents.
  • Ernie loves a good game of Monopoly, with any person he can find!
  • Ernie is obsessed with science and knows way more about black holes than I ever will.
  • Ernie will do just about anything for a Sonic Cream Slush.
  • Ernie has discovered the joy of reading and it’s been wonderful to introduce him to some amazing children’s books.
  • Ernie makes friends easily.
  • Ernie is not afraid to stand up for what he believes is right. (i.e., the time that he told his friend Jacob [who had essentially set up a 3rd grade “fight club”] that he would not fight the other “crew” at recess even though he was worried that Jacob wouldn’t be his friend if he spoke up).
  • Ernie is somewhat risk averse, thank goodness. At least one boy will be the voice of reason when he and Nigel are teenagers.
  • Ernie remembers other people’s names way better than anyone else in our family.
  • Ernie is really good at putting Max to bed and at bedtime Max sometimes prefers Ernie over me or Daddy.
  • Ernie likes to read the scriptures.
  • Ernie is a master of the XBox 360 as well as the Wii.

Ernie has grown with me on my motherhood learning curve, thank goodness he is forgiving! I can’t imagine our lives without him in our family.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

This blog is great! I love that little guy, and your list reminds me of how blessed we are to have the kids that we do. Great post!