Monday, February 22, 2010

The Strep Monster

Saturday

“Mom,” said Little Ernie, “my throat kind of hurts.”

“Well, you seem fine, I’m sure you’re throat is just a little dry.”

Sunday

“Mom,” said Little Ernie, “my throat kind of hurts.”

“Well, you still seem fine, I’m sure you’re throat is just a little dry.”

Monday

“Mom,” said Little Ernie, “my throat kind of hurts.”

“Fine. I’ll take you to the doctor.”

And that’s how I ended up at the doctor’s office again (I swear we have LIVED there the last 6 weeks) looking at what looked to me to be a positive pregnancy test. Apparently the quick strep test is of a similar design. This is Little Ernie’s 3rd time having strep in the last 2 months and I am over it. I have swapped out all the toothbrushes at the appropriate intervals, I have disinfected all the door handles and the game controllers. I have tried to enforce a hands off policy with drink sharing (a little difficult considering Max’s penchant for sipping other people’s drinks). Dr. Dumas informed me that if Little E gets strep a 4th time, the entire family will have to come in and get our throats swabbed to see which one of us is the asymptomatic strep carrier unknowingly infecting the world.

I hate strep throat.

3 comments:

stalker sarah said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Two blogs is even better! I added you to my blog list so I can keep up with ya! I know what you mean about strep, by the way! Blake just got over it, too! YUCK!

amyraye said...

yuck. my sister's kids (in georgia) get strep all the time, too. maybe it's a climate thing?

i am totally in the same boat about being done with illnesses for a while. just when i think we can't contract anything else around here...

Trina Barry said...

Bummer, hope he gets better soon!