Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things I love about Nigel

  • Nigel is very good at articulating what he needs (i.e. he will specifically ask for time alone with mom or dad, if he feels like he needs that)
  • Nigel is a wonderful big brother to Max and Max clearly adores him.
  • Nigel has a really great sense of humor and a good sense of comedic timing
  • Nigel loves video games!
  • Nigel can make amazingly realistic sound effects- cars, animals, thunder… you name it, he can mimic it!
  • Nigel loves to spend time with me in the kitchen while I cook, and I love that.
  • Nigel is very sensitive to other people’s feelings and he makes a conscious effort to avoid hurting other people’s feelings.
  • Nigel wants to be a Dad when he grows up.
  • Nigel has very soft skin :)
  • Nigel loves to sing and has a great ear for music.
  • Nigel was shy as a toddler, but he has turned into a very self-confident and out-going kid.
  • Nigel works hard in school and due to his diligence, he has made tremendous progress in reading and spelling.
  • Nigel loves to climb. When he was a baby I once found him climbing on top of the refrigerator!
  • Nigel loves to spend time with his family and tells me often that he likes to be at home with us.

I can’t imagine our lives without Nigel! We are so lucky that Heavenly Father sent him to be in our family.

4 comments:

Trina Barry said...

I love this, " Nigel is very sensitive to other people’s feelings and he makes a conscious effort to avoid hurting other people’s feelings."

I'm sure he will have many friends in his life because he cares so much for other's! He's pretty young to have figured that out!

Nigel sounds like a pretty great kid!

Larry said...

Wish we lived closer so we could get to know all the grand-nephews and grand-nieces!

Sylvia said...

When I come to visit Nigel is always first to tell me how much he loves me and how happy he is that I am there! The other kids also tell me of course, but Nigel is always the first.

Joni said...

Nigel is definitely a great climber! I will never forget the knife incident at that one Enrichment meeting...