Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Cabin in the Woods

I think it might be possible that I'm coming down with strep. At the very least I haven't felt very good today, so all my grand plans for today went down the drain and I've spent a good part of today in my favorite chair. It's really a chaise, it's covered in a cloth suede fabric and I recently replaced the seat cushion so it's super comfortable.

I spent some time today on my laptop surfing the internet for land in Georgia where I can build my cabin. The cabin is something that has recently become a fixation of mine. After moving to Hattiesburg, I realized that my kids are growing up way too fast and I feel completely inadequate when I think about the future. I worry about all the choices that my kids are going to have to make, at such a young age too, and I want to protect them and I want to help them be strong. So I've prayed about this and I feel like my answer has been for us to build a cabin (it's sounds a little crazy, I know). I want my cabin to be a place where we go as a family and create memories. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a place where we can be together. My plan is for Ernie and I to buy the land first, then build a cabin on it and have it vacation ready within 5 years. Thinking about the possibilites makes me really excited!

Here is a picture of a cabin that I saw today that I really liked:


For those that are interested, here are the floor plans for this one:

4 comments:

amyraye said...

wow. we ARE kindred spirits. having a cabin (for those very same reasons) is my dream, too. you're many steps ahead of me, though. i just think about it. i haven't actually put any thoughts into action.

Rebecca said...

Amy- that cracks me up! You and the family will be welcome anytime, once we actually get it built.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful idea! I say you go for it!

Sylvia said...

I like the floor plan. It looks very functional.