Monday, January 11, 2010

My Kids are AWESOME!

Just a few random thoughts from today, which has been a good day. Always nice when that happens :)

Max has figured out my Android phone in record time. I can hardly answer incoming calls yet, what with all the finger sliding and stuff. I thought for sure it’d be baby proof- but no, apparently it’s only Rebecca proof. Max can seriously run his finger down the screen like a pro, look at pictures, surf the internet, and (if I’m not watching closely) edit my contact list. All at the ripe old age of 2!

Emmaline. Sweet girl that she is, she ran all the way to the bus stop this morning and didn’t fall! (This is a record for her, as she usually trips any time she tries to run and she is often running to catch the bus). She’s not clumsy, she just refuses to wear anything but Crocs.

Nigel got yelled at this morning. By me. For the age old offense of forgetting his coat. He actually has 2 coats, thanks to this habit of his. One got left at school over the weekend and the other one (his back-up coat) he had left in the van. I discovered all this 3 minutes before he was supposed to catch the bus and Big Ernie (it feels so weird to type that, but really, how else am I to distinguish between the two?) had taken the van (and the coat along with it) to seminary. So, I yelled at Nigel. Nigel was awesome today because he accepted the guilt-driven heart shaped note I put in his lunch and he forgave me. Thank you Nigel.

Little Ernie was spot on today. He was on time for the bus this morning (found his own shoes and everything), did his homework this afternoon without complaint, and even traipsed through Wal-Mart tonight and kept his mouth shut about how miserable he was. He even kept Max entertained! Love that kid!

So, I have awesome kids. What else can I say, but that I love them?

 emmaline   The Three Amigos

No comments: