Saturday, January 2, 2010

Things I should be doing

1. Ironing clothes for church tomorrow, because tomorrow church starts at 9am. (I sadly say good-bye to 11 o'clock church.)
2. Clearing gun cleaning supplies off the table.
3. Setting the table.
4. Folding the clean clothes that are sitting in the dryer right now.

Instead, I am blogging quickly before the day gets away from me. Ernie, Ernie, Ernie, and Nigel (yes, the 3 separate Ernies' is correct) are over at the gravel pit shooting up cans and whatnot. Maytha is at the Post Office with Emmaline and I am listening to Max's kid show in an otherwise quiet house.

This visit is a good one and has gotten me thinking about families. Some thoughts on families:

  • I think that adult family relationships can be complex, difficult things to figure out. Everyone has their feelings hurt about something.
  • I think that the important thing is to try to focus on loving your family, even if liking them is difficult.
  • I am grateful to have a mother-in-law that treats me like a daughter, not like an interloper in the family.
  • I am scared to think that someday I will have 3 daughters-in-law and what if they don't like me?
  • I like that the whole point of the Plan of Salvation is eternal families.

I also like that Uncle Larry once said that in heaven, he's pretty sure there will be a lot of therapy to help us process everything that happened in this life. What a nice thought:)

1 comment:

amyraye said...

that's my father-in-law. loved that thought- and your thoughts on family.